Subject: ScreamerNET
From: [email-masked] (Steven Davis)
To: [email-masked] (LightWave Mailing List)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 16:56:48 CDT

Question about ScreamerNET.

Thanks John G. for the answer that ScreamerNET requires a Toaster to be on the
same network as INTEL Pentium Windows NT machines.

Is there any method of controlling ScreamerNET without a Toaster present? via
long AREXX style scripts?  How does the Toaster control the ScreamerNET 
software via ethernet?  I`m wondering if there is a hack that could be done,
like piping a list of commands from an ascii file to ScreamNET on NT.

Its just that I can`t help the fact that my office is upgrading all its machines
to Pentium Windows NT.  And most people in the office still treat these machines
as standard PC`s, ie they turn them off at 5:30 every night!  If only I could
take avantage of this!  We`ve just added another 20 '66mhz' Pentium 'TD2' and
12 '90mhz' Pentium 'TD3' machines this month, all at 32/64Mb with NT. <sigh!>
My office will have around 50 Pentium machines in total by the end of this
year.  Please Allen. Make My Day. :)  ScreamerNET would offer me better value
per $ than buying a Warp/GVP 040-40mhz unit for my Toaster.

For an Amiga LightWave hobbyist, this is serious LIGHTWAVE OVERLOAD :)   
-- 
 ==============================================================================
   Steve Davis                               Email : [email-masked]
   Senior Software Engineer                  Phone : (852) 5931646 (Direct)
   Intergraph Graphics Systems                       (852) 5931600
   Hong Kong                                 Fax   : (852) 8020781
 ==============================================================================